1. OCCI strives to provide a comprehensive college experience for every student while meeting the highest standards of industry training. As a program of Southwestern Oregon Community College, OCCI is able to offer students federal, state, and institutional financial aid, student housing accommodations, a broad sports program, and many student activities to complement the college experience.
2. To be considered for admission to OCCI or federal and other financial aid, you must first complete the Application for Admission to Southwestern Oregon Community College. Specify major code #2110 for the 2-year AAS degree.
3. High school transcripts are required for all applicants. Ask your high school to send your official transcripts to: Southwestern Oregon Community College Transcript Evaluator, 1988 Newmark Avenue, Coos Bay, Oregon 97420.
4. If you are transferring from another college or university or have already taken college or university classes, you must request official transcripts from those colleges or universities to be sent to the address in #3.
5. Take the placement exams. Applicants with prior college credit in math, reading and writing may be exempt. Applicants who have SAT or ACT scores may be able to use those scores instead. Call OCCI toll-free at 877.895.CHEF for details.
6. If you do not currently live in the college district, you are required to live in Southwestern's student housing unless you are over 21 years of age, are a veteran, or have dependents. There is a separate housing application that you must complete and mail in with the required deposit for housing. Housing accommodations are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
7. You will receive a letter regarding your admission status after your Southwestern application and student housing application, (if you plan to stay in student housing) are processed.
8. The student housing deposit is due prior to admission. Check with the OCCI office for the specific dates.