The Oregon Coast Culinary Institute (OCCI) announces a new articulation and mentorship agreement between OCCI and high schools in Alaska, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington that have food preparation programs that are affiliated with one of the following programs: ProStart, Skills USA, or Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America. The new articulation program will benefit both the graduates of high schools that wish to pursue culinary arts as a career and the culinary arts programs in high schools.
- A $500.00 scholarship for a high school graduate from an articulated school to attend one of the two degree programs offered by OCCI in Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry. The student must exercise this option within two years of graduating from high school.
- Students exercising early commitment enrollment will receive a 10% discount on their externship fees once the externship is completed - available only for students from articulated high schools.
- The Oregon Coast Culinary Institute recognizes the difficultly in running a successful culinary program in today’s high schools. OCCI will provide each articulated high school an annual cash award of $250.00 towards reimbursement for the purchase of equipment for food preparation.
- An instructor and/or representative from OCCI will make a minimum of one visit per year to an articulated high school culinary program for cooking demonstration and counseling purposes.
- Enrollment preference in OCCI’s summer one-week intensive culinary workshop for high school age students - “Oregon Coast Culinary Camp”.
If you would like to have more information, please contact:
Shawn Hanlin, CEC, AAC Executive Director
1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Phone: (541) 888-1546
Fax: (541) 888-7454